- May 2, 2016
- Posted by: Ethica Private Wealth
- Category: Industry News
The first quarter of every year is the time when both individuals and organizations set their goals for the coming year and start implementing reasonable, realistic steps to achieve them.
This applies in particular to 2016, as the loosening grip of the Global Recession offers a sense of possibility and optimism for the first time in what feels like forever.
Too often, thinking about and planning for your financial future is perceived as being stingy, stodgy, greedy – like the miser in some Charles Dickens novel. The reality is that putting solid, healthy financial goals and practices in place actually has the opposite effect – it frees your mind from having to fret over the finances all day long. It makes it easier to know exactly where you stand, where you’re going, and from where you’re coming.
Australia has a high percentage of self-made millionaires, who offer a treasure trove of useful advice and inspiration for those striving to begin their journey towards financial freedom this year.
If you want to free your mind from financial worry, try consulting with a financial planner on the Sunshine Coast to find out exactly where you stand and start taking steps towards financial freedom.
The wisest financial gurus know not to expect to get rich quick. Building a stable financial foundation takes time, persistence, and dedication. It also involves changing the way you think about money and finances.
4 Healthy Habits for Achieving Financial Freedom
- Have Goals: It’s impossible to know how to get where you’re going, if you don’t have a destination in mind. To begin your journey towards financial freedom, clearly visualize what economic freedom would look like, in your life. It’s okay to dream big, but remember to set small, realistic, obtainable goals, as well. You might consider having a one-year, five-year, and ten-year plan, which also yields a comprehensive and thorough financial game plan.
- Love Your Money: Too often, people misquote the Bible, saying “money is the root of all evil.” It’s actually “the love of money itself that is the root of evil.” Money, like any other force on Earth, it is merely a representation of energy and interactions. It is not a means to an end, but can be the key that will open the gates to the life you’re dreaming of.
- Know What You Value: There is a saying, in spiritual communities, “Energy follows intention.” As stated above, money is merely an abstraction of energy and human interactions. How and where you spend your money not only reflect who you are, it’s also your chance to do some good, and help make the world the way you’d like it to be. No one can tell you what to value – that’s up to you. Knowing what’s important to both your short- and long-term happiness will give you an idea of what you need to be happy, in your daily life as well as the future.
- Live Within Your Means: Living in the modern world can be a double-edged sword. We have more opportunities than any other time in history; more access to information, and more egalitarian opportunities to use those resources. The downside is that we also see how everybody lives. It’s not realistic to desire the opulence of royalty or 7-figure celebrities. Leaving this desire unchecked can lead people to spend beyond their means. A diamond Gucci watch won’t be much comfort if you’re sleeping in your car! So keep to the values you set earlier on in the game while taking steps towards your dreams. You might be surprised how quickly you could be in diamonds and pearls.
Want to find out how financial planning on the Sunshine Coast can help you achieve your financial dreams? Talk to financial planners on the Sunshine Coast today, and begin taking steps towards financial freedom.
Latest posts by Ethica Private Wealth (see all)
- How Retirement Could Affect Your Relationships - April 1, 2019
- 7 Frugal Living Tips that Can Help You To Save More For Your Retirement - March 31, 2019
- 10 Smart Money Moves that Could Help You to Better Manage Your Finances - February 28, 2019